Although she's been coming with us to help us collect eggs and change the bedding all winter long, Alice only recently seems to have started noticing that there are actual chickens in the coop, too. She thinks they are very funny - especially Drumstick and Floofhead - and sometimes tries to make "cluck, cluck" noises, herself. Daddy worries that she's going to get her fingers pecked off - they look a lot like tasty earthworms to the chickens!
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Chicken farmer
Although she's been coming with us to help us collect eggs and change the bedding all winter long, Alice only recently seems to have started noticing that there are actual chickens in the coop, too. She thinks they are very funny - especially Drumstick and Floofhead - and sometimes tries to make "cluck, cluck" noises, herself. Daddy worries that she's going to get her fingers pecked off - they look a lot like tasty earthworms to the chickens!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sarah, are these YOUR chickens??? I didn't know you guys had chickens! Oh, I'm going to have to get the scoop from you! I fantasize about getting chickens myself sometimes, but then I think maybe I don't want all the extra work - especially in the wintertime... we'll have to chat sometime about this! :)
ReplyDeletep.s. cute pics of Alice lately - I especially liked the green 'riding-hood'! :)